Starts: 16:00 Ends: 22:00
St. Paul’s, Worthing
ABOUT THE WORTHING PORTRAIT ARTIST OF THE YEAR 2019:
The Worthing Portrait Artist of the Year will be an exciting evening of live portraiture.
12 local portrait artists are being offered the chance to create in public. Selected artists will each produce a portrait of one of 3 sitters over the course of an evening. The event will be open to the public. Sitters will be announced in due course.
This not-to-be-missed event will be open to all. Members of the public will be able to observe the artists at work, and watch as portraits take shape before their eyes.
The portraits will be judged by a panel, and a favourite selected. The sitters will also choose their favourite portrait, a copy of which will be made for them to take home.
All portraits will be exhibited at St. Paul’s for the ensuing month – 25th – 26th April 2019 during which time they will be subject to a Public Vote. The winner of this will be presented with the Bernard Lord Prize for Portraiture on the Friday 26th April, when the portraits will be available to take home.
The competition will be open to anyone over the age of 18 living within a 20 mile radius of BN11, who must submit via email a portrait they have created in the last 3 years. The originals must be available for a pre-event exhibition, which will run from 1st March – 22nd March. Only 12 finalists will be chosen from these entrants.
ENTERING THE COMPETITION:
The Application Process:
- email 1 still image of your portraiture work to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than 12 noon, Friday 11th January 2019.
- your chosen piece of work must have been created within the last 3 years and be your own work
- the original to be submitted for exhibition from 1st March – 22nd March 2019
- the image should be in JPEG format/300 dpi or max 2MB and be clearly labelled with your name (and image title if you have one)
- you must be available on Friday 22nd March 2019 from 4-10pm
- you are asked to supply all your own materials, including an easel
Important information to include in your email:
- Your full name & address
- Your age
- A mobile and/or landline number
- Confirmation of your email address
- The medium in which you prefer to work
Friday 11th January 2019, 12 noon – deadline for applications
Monday 14th January 2019 – selection process begins
Monday 21st January 2019 – all applicants will be notified via email
Here is what St Paul’s Chair of Trustees had to say about last years’ inaugural event: An interview with David Freud and Heather Williamson-Morton